Foolish?

I am in a broken marriage and I met a man in a broken marriage, both of us stay because we don't want to hurt our kids and we don't want to be the bad guys. We just talk and have become good friends, our common backgrounds and similar situations definately help us relate to each other. We want more but can't because we are married. Yet for some reason there is just this thing between us outside of our common background, like we just are drawn to each other and this may sound corny but I feel like there is a reason we met and that there could be something so wonderful if circumstances are different, but I do not dilude myself into ignoring reality. I know I could fall for him and he could fall for me, but we fight it because we are not suppose to. We tried not talking and that lasted all but a week, I was on his mind and he was on mine the whole time. I feel horrible that I am even considering a future with him? Foolish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• This might not be the type of advice you are looking for but i have to say that I think the worst thing you could do stay in a marriage for the children. I am a product of that and it doesn't work. You are simply giving them a broken home in a home. You also have the right to be happy. You would not be feeling this way for this guy if you were happy. Leave and pick up the pieces and be happy!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree. I didn't stay because of my child. He experienced what was going on sometimes and I think I did the right thing.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Children or not you should never remain in a "relationship" because of them ever. I think you need to work on getting your things in order and prepare for a divorce and move on to find your happy place with this guy or not but if you are not happy then everyone feels it even the children (been there done that!) PM me if you need to talk...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Staying together "for the kids" is the worst thing you can do. I should know, I was one of those kids... The best thing you can give your kids is a happy parent, and unless you can figure out a way to be happy with your husband, you'd be better off divorcing. My best advice to you though would be to stay away from this other man until you're free to start a new relationship. What you're doing now is definitely not healthy, and truly, could be considered cheating, at least on an emotional level. And that's not fair to you, to your husband, or to your children.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• no not foolish. i dont know if you and your husband fight (none of my business) but if so that is way harder on kids than divorce. im 23 and dealt with my parents fighting for years as much as i didnt want them to divorce things were MUCH better. hope this helps
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• what you are doing is called emotional cheating. either end your marriage or stop this path to an affair
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 3:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• How can you repair your broken marriage if you have someone on the side? Drop the friend and try to work things out with hubby OR get divorced. Make a choice!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010