So who's going to criticize Obama for this one?

Link below, equal rights for same sex partners for Medicare and Medicaid hospitals...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• this is why my SO has my power of attorney... in SC he doesn't even have the right to be in the ER since we aren't married.

I can't WAIT to see the responses.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Exactly Quinn..someone refuses to give all of those facts though...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have never had issue with this. But I agree with lovin, if other huge unnecessary spending bills were piggy backed on this then I would have been against it as well.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ok, who liked the penis spending?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with this policy, as it is written here, with no further research into it. (so if I find out later that they attached four billion dollars for MORE penis study, I'm going to be pissed>)

there's no reason why people are allowed to discriminate in this way. I get homosexuality is offensive to many religions, but if you are of that religion, don't participate. Problem solved.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yeah the news of him doing this is old
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not speaking of THIS specificaly anouck..but most of the other bills did indeed have bs attached.Look so he does one or a few things that I believe are good that doesn't exempt him from the other dozen HORRIBLE things he has done.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I was sorry for the partner. I never met her, but know what went down after the exwife passed. I was shocked that they would be so cold hearted as to just kick her out of the house and not give her any personal effects of her partners. Sick people. I wasn't blood related to any of them but Grandpa, and they were all pretty self involved so it wasn't out of character. I just thought they would have been more thankful for all she did for their mom / ex-wife. Karma catches up to all of us.  We all answer for something, somehow.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Earlier this year, President Obama called on the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to create new rules for Medicare and Medicaid hospitals that would allow patients the right to choose their own visitors during a hospital stay.

Old news..I agree with this..and said so last yr
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010