any tips on how to "properly" grow out my daughter's bangs?

her hair is super fine and everytime i try to grow them out i have to clip them to the side. they wont go straight back without little flyaways popping forward. i always end up just giving up and cutting them because having to clip them to the side makes for an uneven part when i want to give her pigtails, since the part is to the side of the head and makes one pigtail much bigger than the other. i'd like to grow them out long enough to make a part down the middle of her head and tuck the bangs behind her ears eventually, then i can go regular pigtails. how can i "train" them to grow out evenly and not just to the side?

also, i cant for the life of me french braid her hair. i want to part her hair and give her two french braids on each side but i cant figure out how to start on the top, my braids always end up at the bottom of her head. how do i french braid??

thanks!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We are still growing out my dd's bangs. They are longer than her chin now, its been a LONG time, lol. I just recently had her hair angled down from where the bangs start to neaten it up. I had to put her bangs up every single day or her hair was always in her face. I "trained" her bangs when they were shorter by combing her hair straight back after a bath, so they would dry out of her face. Good luck, its quite a committment! It took well over a year to get where we are now.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i'm growing out my dd's bangs too but i still part her hair in the middle for pig tails even though i do the "side swept" bang....but when her hair is down i part it on the side, the bangs look cute to the side imo
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not sure what I can tell you about the braids but the bangs all you need to do is when you will need to dry her hair after it is wet the way you want to part to stay and just dry it. After about a week or so doing that it should help with the part and her hair not always going to one side. Good luck
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Part evenly and put cute clips on both sides. Headbands are cute too.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Pull her bangs back and pin with two bobby pins. Like a bangs bump. I used to do that with a middle parted pig tails look.

Not to the extent of hers, but, you get the idea.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Here, a pic of a bangs bump with pigtails. 

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Those are cute pictures! I would do what these pictures show until your daughter's bangs have grown out.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I got a vote down for that pic? WTH?

No one said that exact hairstyle...it is a middle part pigtails with the bangs held to grow out right...geeze. Vote down happy meanies. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would do what they said. Youtube for french braiding!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• lol braden i did not vote you down! maybe somebody meant to vote you up? i dont know why you'd be voted down for a pic either lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010