How long until the depo shot is completely out of your system.

I started taking the shot in jan so i would not get pregnant , my hubby got a vas for me so i don't have to get fixed, so the last month i toook the depo shot was july its now nov and i still have not had a period. So i was wondering b/c i know one of the side effects is loosing your period, i was wondering for any one who had the shot how long until you get your period back and how long until it is out of your system.

kymberleesmom

Asked by kymberleesmom at 2:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• It's different for everyone. You might not have a normal period for a few months or even a year. It just takes time for your body to adjust.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When I went off of it, I started immediately on the pill, so I got regular pretty quick.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• How long it takes to get out of our system.. no one knows for sure but it can take up to 18 months.. I never lost my period with it, it was just very very light.. Took about a year to get everything back to normal..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010