Is it rude to ask your best friend to create a cheaper wedding registry?

She is registered at bed bath and beyond. even the utensils are $15 a piece! I have 2 kids and am in the process of trying to buy a house there is no way we can afford that nonsense. i mean seriously $25 for 1 bath towel!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• you dont HAVE to purchase strictly from the registry, its just a guide to help you. Like say she has some kind of decoration from bed Bath and Beyond that you could find cheaper at target, then I would get it from Target..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, it is. It's HER WEDDING, not yours. Buy off the registry if you can't afford anything.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Very rude.. It's her wedding.. You don't necessarily HAVE to buy off the registry..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• lol. I wouldn't hurt to remind her that it may be nice to have some stuff on registry at Target or Wal-Mart as well for people who may not be able to hand the prices at Bed Bath and Beyond... Don't have to say it's YOU! Other wise just get her a gift certificate.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you can "suggest" to her that not everyone can afford those prices and maybe she should register somewhere else (like target) in addition to the other place.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ok let me ad that she is from an upity family that has money and they basically dont want it if it doesnt come from her registry. and seriously the pots and pans set is $600! that is crazy!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• For my BFF's wedding shower I bought her beer mugs from Marshall's. Turns out it was the same ones from her registry at BB&B.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would just get her a gift certificate or something.. If you two are really best friends, she will know that you aren't able to just blow money.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• do not buy that if you can not afford
    get something else, or even off the list

when i got married, one of the most well off people that came got me a Billy the Talking Fish things!- really, i am serious, i thought this was the taciest things and he was cheap cheap cheap, but i said nothing, after the reception, when youger people were taking party to hotel room, he bought cases of beer and he paid for it all, also he may have paid for last barrel because i never got charged? if he did he never brought it to my attention, so you never know
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with superr mommy, or just buy 1 towel, I mean there are items on it for under $20 so how many you buy should be left up to the person giving the gift, if she comes from money, that probably means that people with money are coming to the wedding, I think you should tell her what you can afford (but leave the registry up to her).
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010