How come...

If someone ask about your favorite cartoon everyone answers.

If you ask about favorite kids book or kids music you only get like 3 answers.

Does no one every really read to there kids or ever play them kids music? Just us? I have asked several times over the years and it's always the same. Just 3 answers or so...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do both on a daily basis, but I have seen exactly what your talking about.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I read to my child frequently. So much so that I have her books memorized. I however do not have a favorite book that belongs to her. We don't play children's music here b/c it drives me buggy. She listens to a Christian music station that is on all the time in her bedroom and sometimes her Dad and I turn it on in the car.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We don't do "kid music" but we read a good bit... But I tend to skip those questions because I got tired of the "hate" messages I got about what I read to my kids... As for cartoons, we all have favorites from when we were kids, so that's more personal or on an adult level where most adults don't have a favorite kids book because they now have a favorite adult book... Cartoons are timeless where books come and go with time... Or at least that's how it is for me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• we don't listen to babyish kids music. We like What they call kindependent music, Like Justin Roberts, The Pop ups and Lunch Money.
    I LOVE so many kids books. I con;t understand how a cartoon is timeless but not a great kids book. I will ALWAYS love Ramona and Amelia Badelia and am so excited for my kids to read them. And my DD adores Fancy Nacey. What great books!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I cant stand kids music...but I read books to my son 3-4 times a day...and yes like coala i have most of the m memorized...I dont know all the names of them so I cant tell you which ones are my favorite....but we dont watch cartoons much..I let him watch the fresh beat band yesterday because he started dancing almost immediately and it gave me 30 minutes to make dinner (FREEDOM)!!! My mom drives me batty because she now believes my 2 year old needs his own tv so he can watch Cartoons!! HAHA NOT!

We are a music family, we listen to music channles while we clean and always on in the car...but its our music not specifically for the kids?!?! IDK....sorry your not getting responses you want!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i kinda like the veggie tales for music, but i love food so songs about food are fun to me and my kids think are silly and fun. as far as kids books i am getting into the american girls series with my oldest and we enjoy that, i also like curious george (my toddler has curious george wall decals all over her room she loves her curious) and i just ordered my girls a wayside school book (i really enjoyed those as a kid and hope they do to).
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010