Is this stuck up?

a friend, well, co-worker, of mine just did her baby registry for her first chld and only put the most expensive stuff on it. I told her that she could get some great name brand stuff at the awesome kids consignment store around the corner for cheaper, if she didn't get everything she needed from the shower. (They aren't swimming in dough) She says to me 'EW! I am not putting my baby in :used: anything, That's for nasty people. Don't worry I'll get everything I invited 40 people to the shower and I'm sure most of them can handle it.' I was shocked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• The bigger they are (or think they are) the harder they fall...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When I get invited to showers for people with that attitude, or that type of registry list, I only buy diapers. Very useable gift but not giving in to their gimme gimme attitude. When I've done a registry of any sort I've included things from every price range and for every type of buyer. Let's face it, your coworker isn't going to be as excited to spend as much money on a gift as your mother. Not only that, but just because you've invited 40 doesn't mean 40 are coming. I can't stand any type of party where the person is inviting the gifts and not the friends. :(
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That's ballsy of her. I would get her a pack of diapers and an outfit for that attitude.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well she shall see.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'd call it greedy.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Some people have reservations about used things, not everyone takes care of their stuff. She may not get everything and realize she will have to be a bit frugal when it comes to spending her own money.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Definitely sounds stuck up to me.. she needs to appreciate what people get her!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• She will learn how much children cost when she has one! Sad people are that way!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes that is very stuck up, i know a few people who did that and didn't get hardly anything off there registry
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Some ppl just dont like used items, but the cooment was rude, some ppl cant afford certain items and they buy used, does'nt make them"Nasty", yes that was stuck up!
    Resatrotter

Answer by Resatrotter at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010