Do you dislike when ppl show up at your door unannounced?

Do you ever ignore the knock?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You know, I used to. But now I am more relaxed and welcome the company. At least for a short while til I want to get back to whatever I was doing.
    cheri1010

Answer by cheri1010 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, and yes (depending on who it is!).

If I am going to have company, I like to be able to make arrangements for the kids to be entertained... if it is someone who is like family to me, then they're always welcome (and up until I moved, always had a key, and just let their self in)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Depends who it is. If it's a close family or friend, I don't mind, otherwise I can get irritated.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes I do get irritated and ignore the knock if it's someone I don't know. I don't open the door to strangers.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• depends who is knocking

if it is Ed Mamann with a big check-ok
    If it is Oprah with my new car for getting to level 26 on cafemom=ok
    if it is someone trying to sell something=not answering it
    if it is two nice looking your people with bibles in their hands - not answering it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I hate it, it's annoying...and chances are the house is a wreck, I'm busy doing something, or its altogether not a good time
    OhSoPoetic

Answer by OhSoPoetic at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm just more comfortable with schedules........I'm not uptight about it, but I like knowing what my day is going to be like and I rearrange for anything outside of my regular day to day (cleaning, etc). So unless it's someone coming to tell me I've won a lottery, I'd rather them call first.
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 4:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm socially anxious, so yes, I very much dislike having company invite themselves over without at least letting me know they're coming. That and with a little one I really would like to have a chance to straighten up before anyone comes over. I don't ever not answer, though, especially since its obvious we're home.

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Heck we have a revolving door at our house so nope I don't mind at all. I never lock the door so y'all come on over ok?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Oh God, yes! I hate that! If I didn't invite you, don't come over.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010