Is Susan Boyle as big as the Beatles or the Monkees were during the height of their careers?

Seems she is .... "Britain's Got Talent singer Susan Boyle has a No. 1 album in the United States and the U.K. simultaneously for the second time in a year.

The Gift reached No. 1 in the U.K. on Sunday and topped the U.S. charts Wednesday.

The double charting is something that has not been achieved for more than 40 years. Boyle's record label, Sony, says she is the first woman to reach the milestone, set by The Beatles in 1969 and reached by The Monkees in 1967."

Excerpt from USA Today LifeLineLive

tasches

Asked by tasches at 3:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I love her voice and she's not really the type of music I listen to at all. Beatles/Monkees? Probably not. She's proof that dreams can come true and an inspiration to reach for the sky.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• She's a good singer, but I think most of the hype around her were indirectly insulting. It's as though everyone was shocked that a woman can have a good voice without a pretty face. She had a flash of stardom, but there are others that will come and go in as big a flash. Nothing close to the Beatles.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Negative
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I just recently bought The Gift. Her singing is absolutely hauntingly spectacular. It was all I could do yesterday to get to work while listening to it in the car. If you like that type of singing, buy the CD, she is awesome. Do you hear what I hear-will send chills up and down your spine.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• NO. She has a wonderful voice , though.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Shje has a beautiful voice, but if she were to give a series of concerts, I just don't think it would be mania like it was with the Beatles. No comparassion. They were teenaged idols who grew with their music and became icons. I believe she's a flash in the pan, but even if she continues, because of her age, there's no way she could compare to the four of them.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope! THe Beatles were huge for decades-they were icons! She is a talented, lady, though, and I am glad she having success.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love her voice, it's beautiful. However, I don't think she was truly prepared for stardom and what it entailed.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 8:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• no
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010