Have you had a difficult pregnancy, and then had a perfectly normal one?

What are the odds that after two difficult pregnancies, you can have a normal pregnancy? My first two were tough... but they were close together. Now it's been 3 years. I'd like to have one more child. Could I have a better outcome this time? I know each one is different...

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 3:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first was WAY harder than my second. My second was a breeze. I knew how to properly take care of myself, excercise etc. and it made everything so so enjoyable.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes... I did. My first pregnancy was a m/c.... with my second, I had a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot behind the placenta) and had major bleeding on and off my whole first trimester... then in my last trimester I got PUPPS (extremely terribly itchy rash) and put my back out so bad I had to sleep sitting up. Then with my next pregancy, I again had major bleeding in the first tri, then again in the second tri I was put on bedrest and then modified activity because I had borderline placenta previa and the placenta separated and caused major second tri bleeding. After that experience I never wanted to get pregnant again because bedrest/no lifting with a toddler is HARD! My third was an ooops and I was SO upset because I didn't think I could handle another stressful pregnancy- luckily besides some nausea that pregnancy was absolutely fine- no bleeding, no restrictions, no rashes, no severe back pain- no problem!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Freela... did you do anything different? Or did it just happen to get gradually better with each pregnancy?
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm hoping for the same thing. My first preg was twins, but very easy, no major problems but my second I was in and out of the hospital starting at 17 wks with premature labor and spent the last 2 mon in the hospital. My third, twins again, ended in a miscarriage at 13 and 14 wks with placenta previa. Just keep your chin up and take care of yourself and try to quit worrying.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010