Does anyone think the economy is going to get better ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Unless BOTH parties decide to work together, I don't see it happening any time soon, no...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• anyone
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I hope so but I'm not counting on that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It does not seem like it! My husband has been laid off for about 2 yrs and he has been looking for a job daily! Very SAD and HARD on us!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• do you think it might happen in 6 years ? just curious .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• nope, america has to drastically change. people have to change how they shop, how they live and what not . isnt gonna happen. and our politicians think throwing more and more money america DOESNT HAVE is the answer. its like putting a band aid on heart surgery.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 3:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My personal opinion.

If it does get better. It will not be by much for the average hourly wage earning American. For most of America, THIS is the new American economy. The American economy itself is over 70% dependent on retail sales/consumption of goods & services. Howevever, jobs that pay a high enough wage that allows the disposable income in order to keep that consumption going, no longer exist for the most part. The most prevelant job sector now in the US is the "service industry", which are traditionally for the most part: low hourly wage paying, little to no benies, and in most cases not even full time hours. The highest job growth in the past decade has been in the service industry, at the same time wages have been stagnent for nearly 20 years (or so).

This is the new American economy for most Americans. IF it does get better. It will not be by much I'm sad to say.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sorry to here that , how many kids do you have ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not in the near future.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 4:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010