Christmas list to give my mom and dad...

They are saying that they aren't doing much this year which is great with me! I don't want them out doing Santa. (we are strapped to) Any way. They asked for a list of 1-2 inexpensive things for all of us. I though about asking them to just buy all of us together a family pass to the zoo. It's $99 for a year. SO $25 a person. Is is wrong to ask for that? Should I just list the stuff for each person like they asked? I know they want everyone to be able to open something but We would really love to have this more than anything else. Should I tell them or not. I don't want to send both options because they will turn around and feel the need to do both. (The pass PLUS a gift off the list) They are so giving but I KNOW they shouldn't be doing ALL of that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• I love your idea! Having a pass to the zoo for your family will be a gift each day that you use it! As a grandparent and lover of gift figing, I know that they would want something for the kids to open too. You could suggest that they buy a zoo stuffed animal for each child (different sizes, different prices). Possibly they could pack some peanuts for the elephants and things like that to go along with it. They could write a card saying "You're going to the ZOO!" That way it would be exciting for the kids to read that and maybe open a package with that favorite stuffed zoo animal. And to make your parents realize how much you loved that gift, send them special pictures and thank you's each time you use your zoo pass!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think it's a great idea
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It depends on what they mean by inexpensive.. If $25 is not expensive to them.. then sure!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• A family zoo pass is great.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No that's what they mean... Around there. they usually spend 100 on the kids and 50 on DH and I!! This year...Not so much for ANYONE in the family!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The Zoo pass is a wonderful idea...
    Just tell your parents that is what the whole family wants...
    And if they wish to have the children open a gift too, just suggest something
    small related to the Zoo pass gift...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The Zoo pass is a wonderful idea, but they may want to still get a little something to unwrap on Christmas for the kids.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010