8 year-old Marcus was sexually abused by a classmate adult content

I just read this disturbing story. How would you handle this?

8 year-old Marcus was sodomized by 9 year-old in school bathroom. Marcus was sexually abused by one of his classmates in the school bathroom – more than once. His family discovered the abuse after he began soiling himself, something he didn’t usually do. When questioned, he told them what had happened to him. His older sister brought him to the hospital as his mother was “too busy” to come. They had called the school principal, who told them to take Marcus to the emergency room. The principal, a mandated child abuse reporter, did not call the police or make a child abuse report.

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Um how does a 9 year old penetrate an 8 year old,,, I would have the head of the mother and the principal if this is true, but know they are obligated to report this to the authorities, as well as the hospital! Sick if you ask me, and makes you wonder what has happened to the little boy who did it to Marcus!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That is horrible. I am totally shocked that a 9 year old even knows about that....he must have been abused himself,then went to school, and abused the poor little guy. The world is getting more evil every day.What is wrong with his Mother?she is either all drugged up or just as evil as the abuser.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would be hunting some people down.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• OMG!! I would have handled it way differently.. but obviously his mother doesn't give a damn!!! UGH!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• first off that is just sad that happened to that child. If it was me i would brought my child to the ER myself. Then that principle and I would having words as well as the other family and i would of pressed charges on the school and the boy. And the whole time i was doing that I would be talking to my child. Telling him it wasn't his fault and would be getting my child in to see a professional Psychiatrist
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well....I would not be surprised. As far as mandated reporting he may have covered himself. Most peope don't understand that law. He's obligated to report it to a higher authority - such as the district. Doesn't have to be law enforcement. Not unless the school has a specific policy. I know....been there and done that. A teacher I know was acused of assaulting several students. I reporrted it to the principal. I was threatend if I reported it to the police I would be fired. I called my mal practice lawyer who said the law says higher authority and my authority was the pricipal. Once you pass it up it is their job to pass it on to the appropriate authorities. Like hot potato. If this was my son - fuck the school. I would call the police.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would prsonally visit thekid and parents home,and fp the fck out! NO JOKE!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Did the pricipal know about it befoer the family found out? Very SAD! Why are our children seeming to be getting worse and worse through out the yrs!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I Would be so effin mad!!! I can promise you I would have words with the kid, then have his mother up against a wall! I would most definitely press charges, but I would also press charges on the parents....the kid had to have learned it somewhere.
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sister my in law was telling me about this. It may have been a different story though. She was telling me the same story except it was a teacher doing it to a disabled boy. This makes me so sad. =[
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 3:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010