gift for a doula?

My doula is just amazing. She will be attending my second natural VBAC soon, and she is already giving us a discount. We don't have a lot of money, but I want to do something really nice for her to let her know what a great person, doula and friend she is.

Any ideas? If you are a doula, wha would be meaningful to you?

Asked by VelvetCat at 3:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe a framed picture of her and your baby? Even just writing her a really nice heartfelt letter would probably be appreciated (especially if she has a website where she can use it as a testimonial :) I send our doula a Christmas card every year too--I figure if I had her job, I would love to see all the babies growing up after I attended their birth....

Answer by bethany169 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with bethany. I nicely framed photo or handwritten card are great. If you really wanted to get her something check out some of the different birth supplies shops online and maybe get her a gift certificate to go with the card.

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• A necklace or bracelet with a charm that means something to you, about your baby and yourself?

Answer by mistical_me at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010