Disappointment...

The labor and delivery where I delivered my first two children, is closing this month. The place closest does not have a birthing tub, or even tubs to get into to relax during labor! When I had my youngest, I wanted to have a water birth, but the L&D was under renovation, and the portable one had been damaged. I was able to get into the jacuzzi during labor though, and I feel that that helped me a lot. I really wanted to have this one be a water birth, but there are no places around here that have a birthing tub. I am already uncomfortable with having to birth this baby somewhere else, let alone going to a hospital an hour away. What do you think I should do?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 3:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I understand what its like to not have your birthplan go the way you want it to. The only thing I can say is try to make the best out of a bad situation. Dont let anyting ruin the happest day
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 4:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Is homebirth something you would consider?
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about a birthing pool?I dont know if the hospital would allow it but it would be worth asking. Or if you feel comfortable with a homebirth and have someone available that can provide you with the proper care that could be an option.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You could even get a kiddy pool... if the hospital allows it... then have your SO sit behind you. I've seen it dont that way in home births.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should look into the idea of a homebirth. They really aren't that scary. I recommend a beautiful movie called "The Business of Being Born". It might help clear up some misconceptions, if you have any at all. Good luck to you and your birth. =]
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 3:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have thought about a home birth, but with my first son (who is 9 now) I hemorrhaged and with my second, I almost had a hemorrhoid rupture. I think I would like to be in the hospital, but have as much hands off as possible. A birthing pool is similar to a tub, and the hospital by me does not have one. WHY the heck are they closing my birthing center?!?!?!
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I was thinking of a pool like this maybe the hospital will allow you to bring your own?

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That is a possibility, I would have to talk toy the OBGYN about that. The only problem we might run into is filling it up...
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• lol yeah, that might be a problem...hubby would have to haul buckets to fill it and drain it...probably not ideal
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010