Did you change positions during labor??

Whn in labor did you do the typical laboring position or did you change positions??

If you did change positions, did you feel comfortable and what positions did you try and what worked best for you?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• with my first baby, by the time I got to the hospital it was almost time to push so didn't really need to change positions :) I did play tug of war to help push though LOL worked great BTW.

with #2 & #3, I had an epi so I was numb and couldn't really change position. With #3, I slept for about 7 hours until the nurse said I needed a cath since I had had the epi for so long..she couldn't get it in because baby's head was right there! :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• depending on my labor I want to change positions as often as possible. I never thought it was natural for a woman to lie on her back to push a baby out. I want to work with my body and gravity so all positions are options for me!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i never changed position during labour,both were in labour for 6hours each,and after having epi that was fantastic.what i found useful was skulling half a bottle of castor oil 1 week before due date and then when you are in labour,it loosens everything up and baby is less stressed and shorter labour time,i suggest having you fav drink afterwards to a warm one helped me
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 4:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• chari...
    I had a home birth. I squatted a lot, I stood, I sat on the toilet, on the birthing chair, in the water birth tub, in the bath tub...... and so on. Squatting helped the most, and so did the birth chair. Water birth tub was very good, but I need to use a shorter on for the next time (I am only 5'3). I can't imagine staying in one or two positions.... or lying on my back.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• When I got to the hospital the baby was ready to come out. So i had no time for pain meds I was hurting really bad.so I would change positions because it made me feel better. The positions I used were I faced the bed so gravity would help bring baby down more then after doing this for a little bit I laid on my side and did a few different things and I had my first and only child in 2 hours.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2008