OMG... THIS is why it scares me to go to a hospital !

This last year I have been in the hospital alot for a medical problem I have...

I always am sent to the same hospital and same floor.... and almost everytime i would have a certain nurse at certain times... It came to a point to where I had to request that she wasnt aloud in my room !

Besides being very rude, she gave me the wrong medicine atleast twice.

I had a cathader in and she tried to put pants on me... and then had to cut them off when she realized I could wear them.

pulled an IV out and then said OOPS, I guess you did need that in there ( my arms were so swollen from all the previous IVs, that when they put THAT IV in just 30 minutes before it took them over 45 minutes just to get to the vein) .

THEN, she thought she seen an infection under my skin... she CUT an incsion in me and "forogt" to numb it first...

BUT the kicker is.... * continued in first post *

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• They just promoted her ! .... not only promoted her, but she is now TEACHING nursing classes ...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That is madness. What are you going to do? And which hospital is it?
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 3:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• sorry i call BS. anyone who had suffred these things would have reported the nurse and SUED THE HOSPITAL.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• why didn't you do anything if she supposedly did all that?
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 4:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yeah, i'm not buying it. Any nurse that passed the boards and has a license isn't that retarded. And if they are, they aren't stil employed. And a nurse won't just take it upon herself to see an infection and start slicing into your skin. Not her job.
    Anonymous

• I would definitely get ahold of someone in management and explain the situation. And as for you bashers, I have had and seen hospitals and nurses who take it on themselves to do these things and screw up. I myself had several vein infections from nurses putting IV's in wrong and my son has a scar from being stabbed during an amniocentesis. I refuse to go to that hospital ever again.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Definatly not "bs" ... and I have reported it and have been told that it will get "looked into" ...

My mom was there with me one day and when we got another nurse who rolled her eyes wen ixing what the nurse did to my IV ... she said I am not the only one who has problems with her and that alot of them have tried to get her fired and she even said " makes you wonder who she is playing nurse for"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Also... the part where she cut me... it is true... I already had an incision that was stiched up , she said it had a smell and cut it back open to put gauze in... she didnt wear gloves and didnt numb it ( the other nurse said that I should have been numbed for it) ... that is when I made the formal complaint ( on paper) and then followed it up with a phone call ( when I was told it will be looked into)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i'm sorry....not believing it either. first of all, how could you allow someone to put pants on you when you have a catheter? it doesn't make any sense. and nurses don't open up incisions....if they think there is a problem they tell the dr. and ok, even if it is true (which i bet it is not), all of that stuff you described takes time. time for you to even call a nurse, make a scene, whatever it takes. i am especially not buying that pants thing....comeon. it must have taken a long time for that to even happen. you could not have called someone else in the meantime?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You ARE in control of your own body, whether you're in a hospital or not. You have the right to be touched by people you're comfortable with, and you don't have to allow someone you've had a bad experience with to even step into the room...

Get some confidence in yourself, and stand up!

And if these complaints are REALLY TRUE, get a lawyer!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010