your baby can read

Has anyone tried this? If so does it work or is it a scam? I am thinking about getting this for my son.

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• it is rote learning. meaning like pavlovs dogs. a child learns to respond a certain visuals. the children dont learn to READ. they are trained to respond to a set pattern they recognize. its definitely NOT reading.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 3:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i never tried it but my friend did. You HAVE to use it EVERY day for it to work. My opinion, very boring and i wouldnt waste my money! Now days everyone is trying to make our children grow up soo fast! Let them be little cause it only happens once! We have a dvd player in our vehicle and when we go places we let our boys (4 and 16 mths) watch learning dvds which are fun. ABCs, Numbers, Shapes, Colors, etc. We just got the Leapfrog ABCs and my son loves them and i know my 4 year old has learned alot! Hes been watching them since he was 3. Good Luck!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's been a while since someone asked a question about this.

No, it doesn't work. It teaches memorization and not real learning.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have read that it is a waste of time. The best thing you can do to foster good reading is to read a lot to your children.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's a total rip off! Go on the Today Show website. They just did a huge report on the company and interviewd the man who created it (who did nothing but lie!)
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 5:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have heard good and bad things about it, but seriously... Do you want your kid sitting in front of the TV for hours a day? I dont...
    And my DD is 18 months old, can sing her ABC's, and knows what A-J look like, and what sound they make...
    If you want your kid to read, teach them yourself, dont rely on the TV to do it for you IMO.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010