Christmas Traditions?

Does your family have an christmas traditions?

We give each of the kids an ornament to signify something from the year. So for Em's first she got a new baby. The next year an angel with a choir book, she discovered the hymnals in church that year. Last year she discovered Tinker Bell so she got tinkerbell. I'm not decided on this years. Ryker will be getting a new baby.
We also give a movie in the stocking. The rest of the year we only get movies if they are 5 bucks, so we don't really buy a lot. But christmas is the time we choose to splurge and get one for each that we really want. Last year I got August Rush, Em was dying for Monster vs. Aliens and I forgot what my hubs wanted. All I know for this year is SOMEONE is going to get How to Train your Dragon.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 4:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• my kids are now 20 and 21 and i sure wish i would have implemented more traditions. i do try to take them shopping for one special ornament of their choice. i love seeing those on my tree.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• not sure if it is a tradition.. but my hubby gets carmex for my stocking every year..about 10 tubes..lol this year I have discovered they make a new tinted moisture stick and lotion (better get a packed stocking hehe).. I am addicted to carmex so he feeds my habit..I check the stocking first to make sure my carmex is there... the gifts are an after thought..lol And for our son .. every year he gets one of the "pooping" candy dispensers.. he has a penguin, moose, dog, grinch, polar bear, santa, reindeer, and a few others.. he checks for that first..lol And for my wonderful hubby.. he wants socks..lol i joke that its the "I hate you" gift of christmas but he is severely disappointed if he doesnt get the dickies thermal socks every year..lol

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 4:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I buy my sons a new ornament every year but it always reflects something that happened to them during the year. When my oldest son joined chorus in 7th grade he got a music note. My youngest is an avid star wars and harry potter fan so he's rec'd a few of those. They aren't always expensive collectible ornaments, they generally are just something that catches my attention. My mom passed away this year so I am thinking of getting them something with an Irish theme to remember her.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010