Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will an old (20 years ago)DWI arrest disqualify you from a Russian adoption

My husband just told me yesterday that he was arrested in the 1980's while on vacation out of state for DWI. He never appeared in court, and never heard anything else about it. How can I find out the dispositon and will it show up when we go for our 171H paperwork?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Adoption

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • This may be a problem if he didn't divulge this during your homestudy. Usually, you are asked to write a letter of remorse explaining the circumstances and that a situation such as the DWI will never occur again. Have you received the results of your FBI fingerprints yet? If so, did this show up? You may want to contact the clerk of court in the county in which he was arrested and request a criminal background check.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

  • Court clerks office. Also talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by perfectkitten at 11:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2008