College with a baby?

I am only 19, but I would love to go back to college, I have been out of high school for two years. I am just now learning more about me and have the money to go back and knowledge of what I think I might want to do. The college is willing to do half online and half in class work. But my son is due in February.!!! I would like to start in the summer or maybe August, but I don't want to miss out on my sons first year either?! Have any of you been through this or done it? What is your opinion? Should I wait until he is a little older or just deal with it and get it over with.? What would you do?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've been weighing this for myself. I would try to get as much of the in class work done before the baby if you do and then do some of the online after they are born,but don't overwhelm yourself and if you keep it to one maybe two classes it should be more manegable and give you time to be mom.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I can't do the work before the baby because I am basically bed ridden ALOT, more than I would like to be. Because I have always pushed myself until I absolutely cannot go. And I swell really bad or else I would love to be in school right now! :(
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I took some online classes when I was pregnant, and planned to go back... But honestly, I couldnt. One look at my DD, and I knew I couldnt bear to miss all the precious "firsts" that first year brings. I'm planning to go back at some point, but I think after #2 is in preschool (And we arent even TRYING for #2 for 2 more years.)
    But I know a single mom who had her baby and didnt miss a class...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I can't afford to skip a whole nother year or two I just can't do it.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• they you should do it and i'm sure you'll feel more accomplished too.... with online classes that you can do i think you'd be fine for the first year since most of it is them sleeping.... it's just a sacrafice that you will have to make...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010