How do you feel about the medias part in creating an often bias buzz over Obama?

Just like in 2000, the Republican "bought and paid to spin" media helped hide and justify the short-comings of George W. Bush. They spun justifications that Bush supporters ate up and spewed back with venom at anyone that tried to challenge. Now,the flip side, liberal leaning media spinning and justifying anything and everything that comes out about Obama, and helping to downplay it in a way that has felt so unprofessional. What motivates the medias unprofessional and irresponsible bias (money, fear of looking racist, etc..)?

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/10/30/1/a-conversation-with-tom-brokaw

http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/farrakhan_obama_islam/

2008/11/01/146685.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG FOX NEWS and all the Republican fed pundits (Rush, Hannity, Coulter to name some) SPUN AND SPUN to cover up anything and everything that began leaking about Bush that might paint him as not the best choice of President. Did you know that Bush and almost all his administration was involved with PNAC which is an organization that pre-scripted the whole administrations moves and agenda years before they took over? NO, because the Republican bias media helped deflect it. The Dems have their bought and paid for media and pundits as well and they do the wiggle dance and shuffle to make Obama look good even when info comes out to show that he may not be this "DISNEY CHARACTER" they helped create.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have found it funny that the media has not dug in deep into who Obama the person is. The media had a responsibility to scrutinize and help us the American people know Obama better. Do we really know anything about his past? Where are the ex-girlfriends bragging, the old friends from High School (and early college) telling tales of what it was like having him as their friend, where are his family members (most of the key ones are deceased now)? I mean the media has made him out to be this wonderful guy---based on what? Why is it election day and I still do not know who the real Obama is? Is that fair? But it is the main reason I, a democrat, did not vote for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Why is Obama so untouchable by the media, why do they do their best to sweep any "negative pointings" under the carpet? Why? I think they really are motivated by money. Look at how much money Obama has spent on advertisement it's disgusting that Americans are struggling to make ends meet and he is throwing away money on so much redundant advertisement, yet in the next breath claims to be for us the little people and yet the media is not talking about this frivolous spending as being very arrogant and hypocritical for a man campaigning as the ONLY candidate for CHANGE. I don't see much change in him, but I do see more of the same.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• what negative points? oh i'm sorry, i think you've confused actual FACTS with talking points and conspiracy theories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Fact--L.A Times has tape that shows Obama toasting his "FRIEND" Rashid Khalidi where anti-Israel and jewish sentiment were flying high. But, the LA TIMES refuses to release the tape till after the election. WHAT ARE NUTS??? Do the American people not have a right to know the trail of links that correlate between Obama and friends that are not representative to the majority of Americans that are voting for him? Or is it right to keep them in a cloud of smoke and allow them to make a choice without full disclosure of who Obama is? I guess you, 2:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 by: Anonymous, believe that the next president should be linked to anti-Israel and jewish sentiment, and it's not the first reflection of linkage look at the trail Rezko, Rev. Wright and Farrakahn, and Ayers. If you do not think the associations of Obama are important, then you are irresponsible. It has not been explored and refuted, it's been mislead and parsed.
    MomsMuses03

Answer by MomsMuses03 at 3:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• OH, Obama's aunt is living here as an illegal and she is not being permitted to talk till AFTER the election, and the media isn't in an uproar over this? And, Obama dismisses this as yet another dumb-founded "I didn't know" Bonehead factors. Look, the original poster of this question fairly stated that republican bought and paid for media has done the same thing to their chosen candidate, Bush, back in 2000 and she is stating that it is being done again just on the other side of the political spectrum. I think she makes a valid point. It's unprofessional of the media to play games like this. It really does affect the positions many Americans take when choosing who they will vote for. Don't you think it is important to know all we can about a candidate? Or would you rather find out after you made the wrong choice?
    MomsMuses03

Answer by MomsMuses03 at 3:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• OH MY GOD what media were YOU watching in 2000 and since. They have always talked about Bush like he was an idiot and incompetent. Then the celebs got involved. Bush is better educated than MANY of his detractors. They made fun of his problems with alcohol, I mean because so few people have that problem (dripping with sarcasm). He has not been that bad of a pres. Case and point...we haven't been attacked in 8 yrs. Our standing in the world isn't great. BECAUSE he did what it took to keep US safe! I think his numbers are so low for the same reason Obama's are so high and the economy is so bad. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. If you say something often enough people start to believe it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The media has been liberally biased since Gerald Ford days. You must be very young.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The whole media bias is a crock for the most part the media is unbiased, there are obvious exceptions like Fox News which leans highly conservative and MSNB which has a liberal leaning, candidates complain about the bias to stir up controversy. Obama was slammed in the media early on and all of the stuff that is coming out about questioning his character was already vetted earlier in his campaign. I think both candidates have been questioned thoroughly and scrutinized, Obama probably more than anyone save Sarah Palin because they were the neewcomers.
    rissa_doll

Answer by rissa_doll at 7:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think that it is the media's job to report the news, whatever it is, in a professional respectful way. It is the duty of the media to report without bias. I believe it is criminal to NOT inform the American people of facts....FACTS! If you remember, the whole reporting debacle with Bush. They reported lies and that one reporter had to recant the story. I believe bias reporting hurts America! NO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER IN HISTORY HAS HAD THE CORRUPTION, ANTI AMERICAN, RACIST, TERRORIST RELATIONSHIPS AND CONNECTIONS LIKE OBAMA HAS! OBAMA COULDN'T EVEN PASS A SECURITY CLEARANCE AND IS UNABLE TO GET A JOB WITH THE FBI.......IT IS CRIMINAL PERIOD. The main stream media failed America with their love affair with Obama.....and it's criminal! If McCain was a racist, that would be all over and he'd be torn to shreads.....Obama is racist and everyone gives him a pass!! It is criminal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008