what do contractions feel like?

im 18weeks and 2days. just wondering. i know its too early for me to even think im having contractions, i just wonder. ive been having this pain that last like 5-10min and goes away but i get it every 10-12hrs. it started tuesday. it feels like someone stabbing me and slowly pulls the knife out and jabs it back in.

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had back labor and it feels like an elephant on your back! LOL!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What you're experiencing is most like Braxton Hicks contractions....totally normal and harmless.
    When the real thing hits you, you won't have to ask.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That's bs....you DO have to ask. No one ever told me real labor feels like menstrual cramps. If you are cramping at 18 weeks call your doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• its possible to get braxton hicks contractions this early? i thought that didnt happen until closer to your due date.
    shan02

Comment by shan02 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• some people get BH contractions from the beginning.

labor feels like menstrual cramps at first, then you think you need to potty, then you realize you don't need to potty and you go, oh crap, I'm in labor.

I had horrid stabbing pains at 15-19 weeks. I had scar tissue and adhesions that were tearing away to accommodate the growth of the baby. The pains lasts 3-20 minutes and i would have them every day once or twice.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• braxton hicks! i hated those things wen i was pregnant with my son. i was always active and pretty much every time i sat down after walking id get them :/ but they are harmless. they help u get ur body ready for the real ones.
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 4:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I had back labor too! It was awful.It felt like period cramps in your back...if thats possible!
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 4:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you are having pains like that you should go straight to the ER. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. It feels like you're about to have the worst diarhea of your life and it will double you over. This should only happen later on, not at 18 weeks. Best of health to you and your baby.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 4:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you are worried, call your doctor or go to the ER. There is no such thing as being too safe when you're pregnant! That said, you could also be having round ligament pains which suck. Braxton Hicks are usually later in pregnancy. Contractions to me felt like the worst upset stomach ever. You know some times you get bad gas pains when you have diarrhea? That's what contractions feel like. When in doubt, go to ER! Good luck Momma!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• someone mentioned somethin about feeling like you have to go but dont, thats how i feel. like i feel i have to go #2 but i really dont.
    shan02

Comment by shan02 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010