Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Need advice to give advice....:S

Well long story short-my sister in law does not get along with our inlaws(our husbands parents) they farm, she goes to work, her husband is constantly going to his parents house, eating and visitng ect. She works full time, has a one year old, and is 20 wks prego. She wants him to stop going to his parents house all the time (by the way they both live on the farm, houses are 50yds apart) She has talked to both her hubby and his parents and have gotten into many arguments and fights over it and no one has changed. I can understand wanting to see your family, but your number one priority should be your family at home. He will even go there when she and their son are home, and have supper on the table, he will nibble at his parents and try to sneak out ect...i don't know what to tell her..she has to pay for all the bills, her hubby pays nothing, he cleans nothing, he does nothing to help with their son...


Asked by Ambie0526 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

Level 16 (2,562 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • the best advice i can give is some someone gave me on here..... the harder you try to pull him away the harder he will fight to stay.. sounds like he is still attached to mommy and daddy.. its VERY frustrating and not easy to ignore until they get the point they are grown ups now.. but if she wants him to change.. then i suggest she goes to extremes... if she is paying for everything and isnt helping with the chores or child.. (is the house in her name or his??) if i were her.. i would get us a small apartment and do things has she has been without the hubby... when he gets the point to shape up or he gets booted.. then hopefully he will wise up and cut the cord

    Answer by Ross2010 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Ask her what she wants! If so help her move on!

    Answer by jem102675 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • The only thing you can do is be a friend for her.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010