CREATIVE WAYS TO ANNOUNCE YOUR PREGNANCY...

My husband and I would like to announce our pregnancy to the whole family on Thanksgiving (next week)... any creative suggestions on how to announce it?

We have thought of buying a little something and having everyone open it, and we have also thought of trying to take a picture with the family... then before he takes the picture tell everyone to say "we're pregnant!"

I definitely want to create a WOW factor and to surprise everyone/ catch them off guard...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stephy878481

Asked by Stephy878481 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wow..you'd get a lot of surprised looks in that picture! that'd be awesome!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I made up an old scroll looking paper with it stating we were expecting in the old type of wording! Everyone was in tears! Like Here ey Here ey we are all gathered here today to announce the upcoming birth of your grandbaby! :)
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Our second time around we threw little plastic nuckis in everyones drinks while they were not looking and everyone adventually figired it out!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I LOVE the "we're pregnant" picture idea.

With luck, you just might capture the moment the news registers on a few of those faces. Priceless! :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What's a nuckis? lol
    Stephy878481

Comment by Stephy878481 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think ther picture idea is great! It would be so funny to see everyone's expressions on camera.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 5:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree, the picture moment sounds amazing. You would catch so many different reactions at once! And a nucki I think is a nook, a pacifier.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thank you... as you can tell I have a "few" things to learn in nine months! lol Thanks for the support girls... I think the camera idea sounds good too!!!
    Stephy878481

Comment by Stephy878481 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love the picture idea,
    a family friend told her family at a big dinner by hiding cards underneath everyones plates and right before they started dinner asking everyone to open up their cards.
    The cards said congratulations you're going to be a ___ (aunt, grandma, uncle, nephew)
    everyone was in tears, no one expected that.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Grab two plates for yourself and fill them both up and set them at your place. Eat off both, and when someone gives you a weird look or comment, smile and say, "I AM eating for two now."
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010