would you stay?

my boyfriend loves me but is not in love with me. meaning he doesn't feel like he can't live without me, he's not like omg she's my everything. he says at one point he did but it didn't last long. i'm pretty sure if we never had her we wouldn't be together. i don't know why i can't just be happy with what i have but when i see couples in love and hear songs about it it makes me cry because i'm afraid he will never feel that way about me and won't love me the same as i do him. and i don't want to find someone else because i am in love with him. it just hurts so much and it's always there in the back of my mind when he says "i love you" i still hear the end part "but i'm not in love with you." i feel like a lot of the arguments we have are because we both know that is how it is and it's like every single fight it's why are we even together anyways why don't we just break up. i don't know why we can't ever just disagree?

pretend2fly

Asked by pretend2fly at 4:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't mean to be mean but he's stupid and/or doesn't know what love really is. Don't settle for it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think you should move on.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love my hubby but sometimes I'm not IN love with him. I love him always but I'm not 100% in love with him all the time. I feel like thats kind of obsession. He says he loves you, do u feel it? There doesn't seem to me that there is a huge problem except you need to hear that he is IN love with you. If you think he may leave you for someone else at some point because his feelings aren't strong enough maybe you two need to work on your relationship. But having a baby is no reason to stay with someone that makes you hurt and cry all the time. If you're not happy you should leave and find someone that will make you happy. Maybe you two aren't meant to be.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My personal view.

The feelings of "being in love" are brought on by actions. How a couple interacts with one another, how they treat one another, how they touch, how they look at one another..etc.. Humans feel "in love" because actions bring on the emotions.

If someone was once "in love" and they still "love" on another. Then those "in love" feelings can be brought back, stimulated, and rekindled. It takes the desire of wanting to, and putting in the actions to do so.

Now. With that said. If I were with a person who did not love me. Then no I would not stay with them. If I were with a person who was unwilling to put in the effort to keep loving feelings going on in my relationship, I would not stay with them.. I would not ever stay in a one sided relationship. That would cause me heartaches and headaches that I have no need or want for in this life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010