My 2 year old has a rash all over her body and the dr.s say not to worry about it so what do u think?

its red itchie and keeps her up at night.

snowangel87

Asked by snowangel87 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son gets Viral Body rashes - its his bodies way of fighting.. Give her an oatmeal bath with Aveeno and they also have great lotion that helped my son - along with Tylenol.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You could try children's benedryl, it might help.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think I would get a doctor that would tell you how to make it go away.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• So, did your daughter get this as a result of a cold, a detergent, or was she on a medication? If it was a result of a cold, I agree w/ maxsmom11807, it's just the ending fight of the viral infection & her body. If it was a med, then something else would have to be done (obviously stopping the med, if not done so already). I would ask the MD what to do and not settle for him/her telling you not to worry about it. I second the oatmeal bath + a lotion (e.g. Cetaphil, Johnson's, Lubriderm, or Eucerin are all good). Benadryl (diphenhydramine is the generic name) can also help against the red, itchy symptoms, but first the MD needs to help by telling you what caused this. Good luck!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 1:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010