TTC

Hello, not really a question but We are TTC, last month was the first month but it was neg. So i am really hoping to get preg. this month. Do you think you should have sex everyday or everyother day the week you are due to ovulate? I am so hoping for a baby!! I didnt know the % rate of getting preg. every month. its so low!! its funny growing up they make it seem easy to get preg. Well thanks any info on helping me get pregnant would be great!

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 5:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My husband and I have been TTC for four months now. We have sex every other day, sometimes we let two or three days go in-between but when I ovulate we go every other day. We do this for a couple of reasons, 1) is so the sperm count stays at it's highest, 2) it helps with the stress we don't feel as pressured. Where as if we did it every day the fun would go away and the stress would set it. And, if we have a night where it's a "Come on, lets go get this done and over with." we stop and decide not to do it that night. Stress is a big factor when TTC and can really hamper things.
    Good luck and and here is some baby dust!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant each month. Some recommend having sex every other day. Some say everyday is okay. Really the only reason to do the "every other day" thing is if your husband has a low sperm count because the average man's sperm will recoperate within 24 hours. But generally every other day doesn't hurt.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn when you are most fertile to maxmize your chances.
    Anonymous

• Are you tracking when you O or are you guessing? Are you using OPK's or temping? You can pick up OPK's at the dollar store (to funny I know) If DH doesn't have a count problem then every other day works. In the perfect world the swimmers can live up to 5 days. But that has a lot to do with your cervical muscus.

Good luck.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 9:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010