I'm flying with my 1 yr old and my 21/2 yr old i'm a little nervous we didn't get the baby a seat? Anybody ever flown with kids without seats?Any advice?

cv511

Asked by cv511 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Travel

• Yes, and it's a PITA.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 5:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have but it was a long time ago. It is not the easiest thing to do, but sometimes you have to due to economics. The last time I flew with a baby under 2, he was just learning to walk and the other passengers were awesome. I would let him walk the aisle and they would grab his hand once I could no longer reach (and he let them!) Just make sure you have some snacks and something for both kids to suck on (I used dum dums because they were new and fascinating and not liquid.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I did once. My daughter would not sit still or quiet. She climbed into the lap of the lady next to me and went to sleep. Thankfully the lady was wonderful.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, I've flown without baby seats; both while traveling w/hubby and w/out. It really wasn't that big of a deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my 2 yr old fell asleep
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 5:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I flew when my daughter was 18 months. She chatted with nearly everybody in our area. She fell asleep on the way home.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am not that brave to fly with babies. They very well may SCREAM the whole way there. You will NOT have fun!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I did. It really wasn't that bad. And we skipped the car seat on the plane. I believe we checked them with the luggage (I don't think they charge for these items.)

Keep snacks and drinks handy. Especially drinks so they can soothe their ears if there are any pressure problems. Bring a busy bag with things to keep them occupied. Try not to let them nap before the flight so they will get groggy and fall asleep. It's not that bad unless you are near unreasonable and unkind people.

Good luck. I hope you have a great flight.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2010