Fed up with my hair!!

Ok, my hair is falling out like crazy! I literately can't wear my hair down for long because it will get everywhere! I run my hands through my hair and end up with a chunk of hair each time! Anyone have any suggestions to help this! I will try anything at this point!!

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Mine did it until he was a year old... it will stop, but give it a few more months. It sucks huh!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This happened to me when mine were a little more than 6 months old- Are you BF? That will delay the hormonal switch that causes hair loss. Anyway, it lasted about 6 months. I swear I thought I was going to go bald!!!

It will end though, just make sure you're taking care of yourself, eating well, etc.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• How old is your kid? My hair did the same thing when I was about 12 weeks postpartum.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• He's almost 7 months old!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Hmm, then that can't be it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes!! Its driving me crazy! Did you guys do anything to try to help it a little bit?
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• try changing your diet up (in a more healthy way)
    if your diet is already healthy than you should consult your doctor
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's from your pregnancy and your hair is not falling out it is old hair from when you where pregnant also if you are breastfeeding and you stop breastfeeding than your hair will start to fall out. My doctor told me it could last up to 12months to 2yrs. And most women who's hair shed after pregnancy get hair loss around the hair line and sometimes baldness. or thinning at the top of your head. My son is 16months now and my hair is still shedding from my pregnancy but it's very very little, but the best suggestion I got was to cut my hair short if it gets to bad and I did and I am keeping it that way until it grow back right.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 12:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2010