Sexting relationships vs Physical relationships

I feel if you're in a relationship and you're sexting another male or female it's considered CHEATING! My friend on the other hand says it's not cheating. If you have sex with another male or female of course it's cheating that's what we both agree on but what about you? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Any contact with another person that is not known by your SO/DH is considered cheating to me. If your hiding it, its probably not ok and something shady.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ditto to what bjojola said.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• there is physical cheating (where you are physically with another person other than your partner)
    and there is emotional cheating (where your emotions are invested in another person, you love them, care for them, say things for them that you do for your partner)
    If you are with someone, your love, affection, emotions, and sexual urges should all be with that person or you are not loyal.
    If the shoe were on the other foot would she feel the same way?
    If so, she does not seem to conform to conventional relationship types.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• of course it's cheating. i am not okay with my husband talking sexual with other women whether its face to face or in a text message. that's inappropriate for a married man, or woman if the tables were turned.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think it' personally is cheating, but it depends on the person. And if theres an agreement between the person sexting and the person who is finding out their partner is doing it.
    If it brothers the person then they should tell them, if they really love them they will stop
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• For me personally.. In regards to my marriage and mine alone (I can not & will not speak for others).

That is considered cheating and grounds for an immediate divorce based on our post-nuptial agreement (notarized and signed off on by a judge.)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sorry but I don't see it as cheating. It's no different in my opinion than him watching porn. It's interactive porn and could be shared with the spouse/gf/so.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I feel if u feel more comfortable with smone other than ur so beyond the ethical limits its cheating whatever form it may have
    A11

Answer by A11 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010