If you block someone, is it immediate? Immediately reversible?

The other day I saw a question about blocking/unblocking someone, and although I never have before, did an "experiment" to see how it changes the screens, replies, etc. Well, I didn't see an immediate result with the "guinea pig" mom that I tried. She's someone who comments on my posts and I comment on hers, so that I thought I would see a big change. I didn't, so I erased her name and re-saved it.

Well, NOW, I have received a message from this mom, and when I tried to reply, a message came up that she had blocked me from replying. Since she obviously intended a response, I am concerned that my "experiment" has back-fired on me.

How do I fix this? There is NO blocked users in my profile. I've checked it 10 times.
PS-I tried this several days ago. Did she block me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No, you can unblock her, which is why she was able to send you a message after the fact. But when you initially put her on your blocked user list you were automatically put on her "blocked user" list as well, which is why you can not send her a message. She may have no idea that you have done this, unless she were to look at that list in her privacy settings.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When you block someone you make it impossible for them to send you messages or see your profile. In turn you are automatically blocked from them as well meaning you can not send her messages or see her profile. The only thing you can do is catch her in a question or a group somewhere and tell her what happened and ask her to take you off of her unblock list. Or ask one of us to send her a PM explaining what happened:) I hope that made sense. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• shanlaree, but I erased her from the "blocked users" box in my profile. Are you saying that if I block someone, that I can't UNBLOCK them?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• OH!!!!!! What a dummy! Thanks, I am sending you a PM and giving you Best Answer! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• So, UNBLOCK doesn't equal UNDO. Got it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010