HELP!!! We are so tired!

This is two questions in one First, my daughter is 16 months and went to bed around 9pm and was up at 6am before the time change. Now she is down and 8pm and up around 4:45-5am!!!!! How do you get your babies to sleep more then nine hours? How did you little one handle the time change.
Also, she doesn't sleep through the night. She wakes up 1-3 times. My husband gets up with her because if she sees me she will want to breastfeed for 1/2 hour. He gives her a drink of water and she goes right back to sleep.

She slept through the night for a long time! But now, no such luck. HELP!

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Routine!! Come up with somethng that works for your family but I agree with the mom who wrote out how she does things...Mine is close to hers. But, come up with somethng that works for your family. He/she will start to learn that at this time this will happen/and at this time, and so on.Makes bed time easier.
    *with mine she knows between 7:30-8pm is bathtime and after that she gets some milk and in bed by 8:30pm! She will sleep from 8:30pm to 8am the next moring* The only day we are up earlier is Sunday for Church!*
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i found by putting my two on bottles before they go down and a snack worked for me and itll relieve alot of stress to.i made sure breakfast was at 7am 10am a snack 12pm was lunch 1pm and 2pm was naptime 3pm a snack and dinner was between 4pm and 5pm.bedtime a snack a drink of milo in bottle.if they woke theyd always wanted bottle.to longer naps do effect bedtime sleeps,an hours tops.if she wakes before 5am give her a bottle,let her settle on a bottle while going to sleep.and milo doesnt bring them nightmares,my kids are 4yrs and 22mths.i get them up and ready as if they have school.its worked for me.bottles actually fill them up more than breast milk,even expressing it into bottle.karecare is the best formula.hope this helps.ive got other suggestions if this doesnt work
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my 2yr old son does the same thing. He goes to bed between 8 and 9pm and is up between 6 and 7. He wakes up screaming every hr. and sometimes he wants a drink sometimes he just wantd to cry. We also have a baby who he wakes up when he screams. I get 3hrs tops sleep every night. My kids handle the time change fine they go to sleep at the same time as they did. and wake up at the same time. Just go back to your normal routine. If she has to wait a hour to do something she did before cause of the change make her wait it wont hurt her and she will get back on the schedule you had her on and maybe even sleep later cause she will be staying up later then her body is used to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Girl.. I have the same problem with my 16 month old. He was sleeping all night, but I don't know what happen a few week ago,he started to wake up in the middle of the night. . Know that the time change he does go to bed at 9- 9:30 the usual, but is waking up at 4 - 5 and even 3 :( . I use give him a bottle of milk and he goes right back to bed. But wake up compliantly at 6:30. give the bb milk maybe he is waking up hungry.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• well our kid is good about it. since 6 months old she rarely wakes up in the night and sleeps a full nights sleep.
    someting that helps our daughter. on her crib is al il musical device, it has water sounds, plays lullabies, has lil monkeys and fish on it (she loves monkeys) and sdhe'll watch it, soemtimes i hear her stirring and suddently i hear the music cause she pressed the button and it soothes her back down. maybe something like ethat? not a mobile though..they tear those down at that age lol. that cost me roughly 30 dollars at walmart
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I know the feeling, my nine month old was sleeping all the way through the night, but lately has been waking up several times for no other reason than just to cry. We usually give her a bottle when she goes to bed and again around what used to be 5, but is now 4, of course. Also, I've found that quietly setting a few toys in her crib, in the far corner when I give her that early morning bottle gives her something to do and she usually occupies herself for a good hour when she wakes up later, which gives me just a little bit more sleep and lets me get through the day. Hope this helps!
    BabyLove1982

Answer by BabyLove1982 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• WIsh I had an answer I have the same problem with my 2 yo. I can only say that try to read the cries or just let her go back to sleep on her own my son sometimes goes back doen without a bottle or anything and sometimes he just insist. Well if I figure something out I will share it with you , but please do the same. Can't remember the last time I got a full nights rest
    cynfulsaint

Answer by cynfulsaint at 4:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008