Have any of you taught your child how to accept gifts graciously?

"I don’t want that. I have it already. I don’t like this.” Sound familiar?
Most of us have had embarrassing moments like these! It's important to teach your chld the social skills to what to do when they get a present that they don't like!

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• well my oldest is four and have never had this problem. she's very gracious. i can tell when she's more excited over one gift than the other just by her facial expression, but she has always said her pleases and thank yous. i know what you mean though, her best friend who is her exact same age will say rude things like that all the time. "i dont like this" crap. so damn rude. if you instill this behavior at a young age it's exactly what is reciprocated.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My little guy is only 6 1/2 months old, but we are HUGE on manners and I think its super important!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ugh.. well my son is only 3 and at his birthday 2 weeks ago he got some clothes and he said Clothes 'eh - why clothes!!?? then he laughed and said pants lol!! I reminded him to thank his grandma for the clothes and to be nice when people are buying you gifts.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010