Would you miss a school event for this?

Yeah, without giving my entire life story, my FIL is a piece of crap. He cares about himself and his beer. That is it. End of story. He is in a rehab hospital because he had a mini-stroke again. It happened because he refuses to follow doctor's orders and stop drinking and smoking. He thinks its funny when they tell him he will continue to decline if he doesn't change his ways. Just found out 5 minutes ago that his doc wants the family to go to the hospital to go over FIL's "health care & plans for when he leaves." FIL already said he's going right back to beer camp when he leaves and not change a thing. Our oldest son has a demonstration tonight for a new class the school started this year, Robotics. The kids were hand picked to be in it and it's an honor to be chosen. We can't go to the hospital and to the demo. Would you miss the school event to go to the hospital in this situation?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your FIL chose his lifestyle and is choosing to be irrisponsible and ruin his health. His is a big boy and has every right to choose that path. He doesn't need you or anyone else to coddle him or handle his affairs. He can do that himself. Your children come first. Your son was hand picked to be apart of a program that I'm sure he's very excited about. You should support him in his endevour and attend the demonstration.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would go to the school event. Your child is more important than FIL who refuses to follow Dr's orders.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• go to the school and catch up on the FIL thing with ur family later
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with Tony. Your child is trying to better himself. Your FIL is starving for attention and acting like a spoiled brat.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'd go to the school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Go to support your son.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would go to school and be there for my son
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No--I'd so to my son's school. My son/family comes before my inlaws.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well, when DH got home I was all set to get on my soap box. Didn't even have to. LOL! DH got on the phone with his siblings to let them know. No one went up there to talk to the doctor, because what's the point? FIL has a ride to where ever he wants to go tomorrow and we stayed out of it! The demonstration was amazing! :)
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010