I'm pregnant, my son moves very rapid and repetivly

I am pregnant with my second boy, this time around he moves very rapid, it almost feels like he is having a spasm, he will move so quick and repetivly in the same motion, it worries me, the doctors say he is fine, I am 33 weeks, has anyone else had this?????

tjsmommy408

Asked by tjsmommy408 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, its normal. I know exactly what you mean i get it a lot. The baby is fine though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• sounds like he might have hiccups. My oldest had them almost consantly while I was pregnant
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• LOL yeah, my son moves like that pretty much all day long. My doc always has a hard time listening to his heartbeat and getting a good shot of him on the ultrasound because as soon as he's targeted, he moves!!!! My doc spent about an hour trying to take the stress test thing today. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Im 31 weeks along and my daughter does the exact same thing, my doctor said it was fine and a good sign that she is healthy. He also told me that 7out of 8 time when they are quick and in the same spot they are just hiccups. Its when they stop being so active when you need to worry.
    kiyasmommyp

Answer by kiyasmommyp at 3:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• LOL I just had my 3 daughter this past April (I know right 3 girls how lucky for me). Any ways she would never EVER stop moving in me sometimes it felt like she was in a damn marathon lol. What made matters worse was when her dad and I would stretch out on the bed to watch TV that is when she decided to take off. She loved her daddy around lol. My second daughter was just as bad. I used to manage a pizza shop and she made it next to impossible to work there were times when I would LMAO because you could see threw my apron what ever she was doing it was crazy and w/out a shirt on my stomach looked hilarious when she moved. My first was more calm only moved when daddy or my best guy friend would talk to her. To this day she is still like that very quite. The last two though boy they are wound up especially the middle never stays still for more than a few min. But we love it.
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 4:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes i most certainly have,its nothing to be concerned about,he is an active baby and thats a good sign,my son is noe this now 23 months and has no affect on him,this is normal and great for a baby to be active.i wrote down the times of when it was happening,what i was doing and now have applied to the times now and youll be amazed on how you can solve alot of tantrums from this,its worked for me.hope this eases your mind
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 5:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Oh holy crap, my daughter moves around crazily. Sometimes it's painful because she does so many kicks and flips at once. I don't see it as a bad thing, though...it's really nice and comforting to know that she's doing just fine in there.

Here's a link to my youtube video of her kicking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ziEOvzr4U (It's short, you don't have to look at it...but it's kinda cool to see, and you'll understand what I mean about "moving around crazily" :P)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My baby does that a lot lol they are just having a fun time I think... if anything was wrong the ob would have said something.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008