Question for the moms with DIL problems

VENTING : I am the daughter in law ... what is the problem? WHy can't some of you let go of your sons. Regardless of what you want from him , he is not your property to dictate or control. I have read many of the stories up here and they are all the same. You think you have lost your son to " this women" when really all you have to do is share so really what is the problem.

giovannismom01

Asked by giovannismom01 at 2:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• some women still have their sons attached by the cord and r still sucking on the tit...[[or the mother thinks and acts like that]]

"not really but you catch my drift"

i know what you mean my MIL is like this it drives me nuts.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my ex mother in law is a big reason of why my ex husband left me i dont know what their deal is but it pisses me off how MIL treat their daughter in laws like shit..i took better care of her son then she ever did
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 3:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

OMG that almost happened to me too. we were seperated for a while. I have two sons and I am telling my self from now that who my sons decide to be with is there descion. I can only be there to support them
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 3:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You guys are funny. It is obvious you are not MILs.

Just remember this forum when you are..

It is so easy to say what you are going to do.  Then when the real world hits you it does not work out the way you predicted.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• im not a mother inlaw , im only 18, and my mother inlaw treats me like crap too but i totally understand her. i would be so hurt and jelous if i felt that my son loved another woman more than me, not that he would.... i know in my mind ill see it that way tho. i already know that im gonna feel that way so im already preparing myself and im trying to teach myself that him growing up will be ok and it doesnt mean that im not him mommy anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• to the young ladies.. If you have sons,,Wait tell they get old enough to have a GF,or a wife.Come talk to us then. About this subject OK

Answer by louise2 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The only relationship that is meant to end is the one between parent and child. Your sons will never learn to trust their descions and assert their independence if they are being held down. Don't you women trust that you have raised your sons good enough to make a good descion about their partners. It is sad because as long as we have clingy , unrealistic women like these ones (MIL), We will get nothing but mislead, co dependent or mysoginst men that will never know the harmoniousness of a real relationship., minus the MIL drama. Some MIL cause more harm then good to the relationship.
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yeah I'm not a MIL but when I am I hope I'm not a frickin clingy, over bearing, controlling bitch like some MIL's I know. (not mine, mine is wonderful).
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Okay to all the crazy mother in laws... I am glad I have a MIL that loves me and shares with me. It makes me want to spend time with her, so guess what that means.... She sees my hubby more often rather than hating me and seeing him less. I have mutual trip control to go see her so when it's brought up I think it would be fun rather than... "woo hoo I get to go see the witch again?". So to all of you possesive moms... what are you so afraid of?! I think you all must be very threatened. All I know is if and when I have a son I will be glad to see him grow and have a gorgeous family without taking heat from me! I can only understand the hatred and anger if the woman is truely crazy, worthless, dumb etc. But you raised your sons so if they end up marrying someone like that it's partially because of you!
    darcyk10

Answer by darcyk10 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• hmmm, I don't have a bio son, I have a future son in law who lives with us. I encourage both my daughter and my future son in law to spend time with his parents. I don't look at it like loosing my daughter, I'm gaining a son and more family. (his parents and brothers) I really don't understand anyone seeing it anyother way.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2008