New Jersey Legislators Take on the TSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H9HNEtrvEE

ACLU also thinks this is a invasion of our privacy

Thank God people are standing up to the TSA.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 6:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If they worked, I would feel differently. In tests the scanners missed common explosive components. And now apparently if you wear sweats or baggy pants they put their hands IN TO YOUR PANTS.

The goal of a terrorist is to terrorize. Only a person cowed by fear would allow this sort of invasion of privacy and total loss of dignity.

I guess since I'm not scared, I don't think this is a good idea. It really has become a line of demarcation - if you think there's a person waiting to blow you up around every corner, the scanners seem like a great idea. If you understand that your chances of dying in a terrorist attack in the US are roughly nil, you think this is absurd.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The biggest prize for Islamic terrorists would be for them to successfully take down an El Al plane, but they have not been successful in over THIRTY years...WHY?! Because they have a very efficient interview policy for their passengers and PROFILE!!

However, here in America, we prefer everyone's privacy being invaded, literally for all to see, instead of taking a page out of Israel's book, and going back to basics--of reading body language, of which the Israeli security are highly trained masters!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 1. I find it interesting Soros has a good sized stake in the company that makes the scanners.
    2. My husband whose job is airfield operations on the military level thinks this is a joke. Dogs would be much more effective and much less invasive...did I mention they also work for food.
    3. Treating law abiding citizens isn't going to stop a terrorist any more than removing the guns from law abiding citizens will stop criminals from using them.

Poor Steph319, how quickly you would throw away the very freedoms my husband is willing to die to protect......
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Steph319

Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you-Adams

They that can give up essential

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree with Lorikkeet as well. Learn from Israel. They are probably working on something new and have little interest in our planes anyway.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Good..I agree with Lorikeet that we should do what Israel does...and it has been effective..I do not think we MUST have scans nor be felt up to be safe.Oh and I am a conservative.. a big one.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I very rarely fly but still I want this fought..I think it is going too damn far.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If muslm women are exempted then next we might have women in burkas with bombs underneath getting on planes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What will they do when someone explodes a plastic device they stored up their ass.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This is a good start. It's about time people are standing up for this crap. If explosives were such a concern, why aren't the TSA agents better protected? Latex gloves probably would do nothing to thwart a bomber. For all we know, they could have explosives on them and as soon as a TSA agent touches them, someone else in line detonates the bomb through their cell phone. It's thinking. I don't buy it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010