Twins?

Im about 8 weeks pregnant with my second child. I been having extreme morning sickness and im huge. I look like im about 4 or so months. I dont go in to the doctors until the 30th. I know every pregnancy is different but this one is crazy. My great grandmother had twins and my cousin has twins. what are my chances of twins? any other symptoms?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If twins run in the maternal side of your family, you do have a better chance of having twins too. However, that's definitely not a given. Honestly, there's really no way of knowing until they do an ultrasound...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Theres always a chance. But you wont know until you go. GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nobody had twins on my side of the family, then i had twins with my second preg. My third preg I thought I might be again cuz I was huge, and severly sick, but that one was a singleton. You never know, It may be you are carrying a lot of water.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 6:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you are over 30 years old your chances are higher. If your mother's side has twins you are even more likely to have twins. Because you have had children before that could be the reason why you are bigger this time. Before I knew I was having twins (I was over 30 and many twins on my mom's side of the family). I had all symptoms times 3! I even told everyone it felt so different this time. When I saw on the screen the two circles I happily screamed and pointed my finger at the screen and yelled " I knew it!!! I knew something was different!"
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Im 26 and the twin all on my moms side
    Jennyv143

Comment by Jennyv143 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My doc told me that twins AVERAGE one in every 250 births regardless of family history - unless you are a twin yourself or already had twins...THEN the chances increase. That is why some people think it is lineage, just because it tends to be pretty common. Just going by what she told me. But like AmyLynn said - it is your 2nd child and that COULD be why you are getting bigger faster. I know I sure did. By the time #3 came along I was in maternity clothes before I was 4 months! There really isn't any way to know until they listen for the heartbeat(s) or do an ultrasound
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010