If you cook for Thanksgiving, do you also cook breakfast and lunch that day?

I don't anymore. It's protein shake and vitamins for breakfast and that's it till the appetizers come out. Though, when the kids were little, I'd make a special brunch for their sake. Oh...so much work with a house full of guests coming. :-\

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 6:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Goodness no that's too much eating going on. Lite breakfast and then late lunch/early Dinner around 3:00 and that's it.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I go the mile+
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not really... Something simple like scrambles eggs for breakfast and the our dinner is at 2 because I have t be at work at 4 so... Then leftovers for dinner while we decorate the tree!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Noway...I set out some bagels an cream cheese and donuts with some juice, but that's it till 3:00...lol.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We do have a big breakfast and then just veggies/dip until dinner.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Something really simple for breakfast. Usually cereal. And then we eat by 1 or 2, so that's lunch, and then if anyone wants supper they can have leftovers!
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope. They can fend for themselves because I am beholden to my kitchen all day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't. We usually have a light breakfast of toast and juice, and maybe some cheese and crackers for lunch. That's it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• breakfast is on their own but they won't eat much because munchies come out at noon and then the rest is done by 2 then later on it is just sandwiches from the left over turkey and rolls
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No, we might do cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. Maybe a sandwich for lunch.

I try to keep people out of the kitchen by starting with appetizer and crudites around 10 or 11 am so I can cook in peace.

Since I got roped into cooking again this year (my son literally clung to my leg crying as I went to order a pre-cooked dinner - and he's almost 13!) I'm going to try to do some of the sides and stuff the day before so I don't spend ALL day in the kitchen.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010