Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im having a breech baby

im 36 weeks and my baby is stuck in my pelvis with her butt straight down and im gonna go for a c-section in 4 weeks not unless i go in to labor , im thinking about next week speeding my labor up with castrol oil??? what ya think, it work with my other baby and she was fine 36 weeks and 5 days she weighed 5lbs 12 oz , my baby now weighs 6lbs 7 oz ,?????

Answer Question

Asked by guera1977 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (88 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Wait. There is a reason your doctor set the date he did, and your body will know when it is ready otherwise. The castor oil probably didn't work, you were probably just ready.

    Answer by mistical_me at 6:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Please don't try to hurry the baby, 5lbs is a small baby, my twins were 6lb 1oz, and 5lbs 15oz., that was at 38 weeks. Give the baby time, it will come when ready, or your doc will tell you if it necessary to induce or not.

    Answer by sheloveearth at 6:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Also, the ultrasound is only an estimate of how much the baby may weigh it is not a definate. even if the baby is supposed to be ^lbs 7 oz right now, she is not ready and it is to soon. You are not considered full term until at least 38 weeks.

    Answer by sheloveearth at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Honestly, I don't think there's EVER a reason to "speed things up", unless medically necessary AND supervised... So I would strongly advise against it. You will go into labor when your baby is ready, why risk unnecessary complications?

    Answer by Anouck at 7:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • First off, your baby needs the time they need, speeding things up is never a good idea.
    Secondly, Castor oil isn't going to do anything but maybe make you poop...
    Thirdly, if your baby is breech, call a prenatal masseuse and acupuncturist, chances are they can get the baby to turn naturally before you ever have to go in for delivery...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • You should totally do it. But make sure you don't come here complaining when there is a complication and your baby is stuck in the NICU for weeks.

    Seriously I understand wanting to be done with the pregnancy, but you know it is already going to be complicated because of the baby's position, why make it worse by trying to force nature? Wait until your scheduled csection. There is a reason your doc scheduled it 4 weeks out. That is when your baby will be ready. NOT BEFORE.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • ...babies are so much easier when they are still in your belly...


    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Well first just because baby is breech right now does not mean they will be when it comes time to deliver. My son was breech and I was supposed to go for my 39 week appt the next day and have the midwife try to spin him. That night I felt my son turn and the next day we had a baby completely naturally. Do not try to induce with castor oil. It will only help to speed things along if you are already ready to go into labor. There are many other things you can try to get the baby to spin like acupuncture etc.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • well it was just a thought and i really just want to have my patients , but it's really freaky when you know your baby is head up and if you go into labor and if i dont get to the hospital soon , my baby will come out buttocks first, hey told me that my baby could have a 1% chance of brain damage " now that is scarey , i just like to read your advice thanks everyone, ill see what doc has to say on the 24th!! even though im having contractions:(, but will see what they say!!!!

    Comment by guera1977 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.