Do you feel understood by your DH?

Like he gets you.

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• At this point and time in our marriage (and for many years now..) Yes. I can say that I honestly feel that my husband understands and "gets' me. In all moods, whatever I'm trying to communicate..etc.

Was it always that way. Nope. I would say from years 6-10 I felt he did not. That, I can look back on now, was completely and totally due to poor communication on both of our parts. Neither of us felt that the other understood them, or "got" them. And it caused many issues/problems in our marriage.

After some really really crappy times, bad choices, mutual ill treatment/resentments/heartaches/headaches. We learned how to affectively communicate with one another. Now that we both know and understand each others communication styles/methods, we no longer have that issue. We now know how to communicate a manner in which the other understands/comprehends what we are communicating. Now at 25 years, we totally "get" it. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Absolutely. We can finish each others sentences, and usually know what the other one is thinking. He says that I'm him with boobs, and that's pretty close to the truth! :) We understand each other quite well, better than anyone else.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My Husband and I understand each other better than anyone has ever understood either one of Us. We are two halves that make a whole and totally in tune with each other. I love it..and Him! =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• sometimes he does ...not always
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Aside from my closest friends, I think he gets me more than most people, yes.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• NOT at ALL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes:) We are practically copies of each other, just with different genitalia!! Thank goodness, because I LOVE his genitalia!! lol. (Sorry, I'm pregnant, horny and I can't wait until he gets off work, so everything is going perverted for me, lol)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Most of the time. He gets me more than most people, but there's still some things he can't seem to understand in his male mind, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always have felt understood by him but lately i havn't felt like it he helps out alot but I still feel like i'm the one doing everything while he sleeps and goes to work [which i know his job or any job is tiring] but lately i feel like he needs to help out more and let me havae some me time heck i can't even take a shower without the kids banging on my door crying and yelling. and with this pregnancy i also feel alone i go everywhere example u/s, dr appts. by myself which he would always go .... and anything gets on my nerves now about him he could come home and sit down the kids act up more than usual because they are happy to see him and i just wan thim to leave... but when he leaves for a while i call him to come back lol...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 7:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• sometimes i wonder!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010