Help I was cooking and some hot oil fell on my tummy ;/?

im 28 weeks pregnant and i have some burn spots on my tummy should i be worried ?!?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• About the baby, you mean? No, that baby is pretty well padded in there, so don't even worry about that. But ouch! Hope you're okay...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ;/ thanks yea im just worried about the baby and yea ouch really ;(
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• That must have hurt. Your baby is just fine it might have gotten scared though if you screamed. Just make sure you take care of the burn you dont want to get any infection, that can harm the baby but the burn a lone..no.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you have original A&D ointment, put some of that on it to sooth the burns.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yeah, the baby's going to be fine, more likely than not. I would recommend aloe though, if you have any. If not, your local pharmacy should have some, it's fairly inexpensive. Just apply a thick coating and let it do it's thing. I burned my hand, applied aloe and the next day it was fine. A few weeks later after soaking for an hour in a hot tub, you could see where the blisters would have been, the skin was all white around them, but they never blistered, and with no blisters, no chance of infection. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This is going to sound crazy but it really does work, put mustard on the burn and leave it there for approx 20 mins and the burn should go away
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• outch, hope your tummy is ok and its not going to leave a scar
    mach1racer

Answer by mach1racer at 8:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010