Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Electorial votes?

how do they work exactly? If one canidate gets 45% of the votes in that state and the other 55% does the one who got 55% automatically take the electoral votes? sorry don't understand...thanks

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Each state has it's own rules. The majority of states will give their electoral votes to whomever wins the popular vote in their state. This article may help you understand the Electoral College system a bit better
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27283314

    rissa_doll

    Answer by rissa_doll at 8:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • it depends. Most states "make" their electorates vote for whomever won the popular vote in that state, but the rules can't be enforced. Other states have the electorate vote for their party. So really it is stupid! Some just go rogue and vote for whomever the heck they want, but they sacrifice their chance of being in the electoral college next time around. It is really a strange system.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

    Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN