You know what I DO like about Dora and Deigo?? :0)

I can sit on the couch on the laptop while they watch. Answer the silly questions, and repeat the words and they totally think I am watching it to so...they don't pester!!! LMAO!!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Exactly!

Same with Curious George - I can just call out "George!" when the Man in the Yellow Hat does (and how creepy is he???) and our boy thinks Momma is right there watching the story.

24 minutes of quiet heaven.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I liked blues clues better!

just hearing Dora makes me cringe
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yup. I love how interactive it is. My son watches both shows and loves to talk to Dora and Diego, answer the questions, etc. He's learned a lot from it..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am so glad I'm not the only one!! It is a great plan... To bad we only watch TV really after dinner...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ugh i know this is gonna seem rude.. crossing my fingers for no down votes!
    But..
    Give our kids a lil more credit than that.. they are not stupid & can tell when a parent is connecting with them & not.. We are all guilty of the 1/2 minded conversations occasionally but dont think we are actually fooling our kids..
    Its the same kinda thing about over praising .. soon enough they know the praise is BS & dont take it with the same excitement.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010