Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday/Winter Solstice card time!

We take our own pictures and do the cards up in Picasa - but I'm always looking for tips and tricks.

Any good seasonal quotes? Great websites for card designs?

I'm a little bit competitive with the cards as my sister also does lovely ones but I can't fault her since my nieces are adorable!

My goal is to get them out first week of December - when do you send yours?

Wimsey

Asked by Wimsey at 7:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't ever send them. I usually just post something on my FB... Cards are just to wasteful IMO...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• As my grandmother would say, "Isn't it nice we're all different."

I might point out how rude it is to call something "worthless" that someone else values highly. I might also point out that elderly relatives and people without Facebook (yes, they do exist) enjoy getting pictures and mail, especially around the holidays and what joy a nicely made, signed, even with a personal note can bring.

But I won't.
    Wimsey

Comment by Wimsey (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We live in Pennsylvania and one year we got a lot of snow before Christmas. My sister took pictures of her girls in their winter jackets with the background at a ski resort. That was the best one. I am looking for something different. I usually post my kids in front of their tree, but I want something different too. I am going to come back and see if there are any I can copy. Good luck.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010