Anyone know of a way to get rid of fleas that has worked for them?

I just vacuumed the floor and showered the dog using Flea and Tick Shampoo about twenty min ago and he's already itching again! GRRR! They bite me too! I want them gone before baby gets here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pets

• advantage flee treament and putting flea bombs the house and flee a stronger shampoo and constantly vacuming floor,also wash all blankets and clothes in hot water.this has worked for me and now my cat doesnt have fleas,had to bath him every week along with flea collar.i still give my cat a flea bath every week along with a new flea collar and along with advantage.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 5:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Try using either a generic or Paul Mitchell shampoo that has Tea Tree oil in it.
    h2obare

Answer by h2obare at 5:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am so allergic to flea bits. I had to bomb my whole house every time we got fleas. Keep the dog on something like advantage it will kill any fleas that get on him right away.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 5:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Give them a bath in Dawn dish soap. Let the soap sit on them for 5 minutes before you rinse. It will kill the fleas but it will not kill the eggs so you will have to do it again in a few days.
    aprilford2003

Answer by aprilford2003 at 7:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have had to bomb my house and wash the dogs or spray them with a flea killer. I have never had much luck with the once a month flea treatments. Also, where your dog(s) or cat(s) sleep has to be washed a treated. Good luck....they are awful little creeps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• vaccuum like CRAZY!!! last yr we had fleas terribly and i vacuumed at LEAST 5 times a day and emptied it so they couldnt get back out. there is also flea powder and flea spray you can buy to put on your carpets and furniture.. hth!
    CamnJaydensMom

Answer by CamnJaydensMom at 12:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Diatomaceous earth. It's a very fine dust, worse than drywall dust. It can remain suspended in the air for a while, so it's best to do one room at a time, and keep it shut off for about 24 hrs. It's a mechanical pesticide (versus chemical), so it's nontoxic and nonpoisonous. It's crystalline in structure, so it will pierce the exoskeleton of all insects and spiders and the critters will dessicate and die. You'll be amazed at the amount and variety of insects you'll find no longer living in your house - I had Insect Wild Kingdom. As long as you leave it down and work it into your cracks and crevices, it will continue to work. But it is messy to clean up, and it will trash your vacuum cleaner (the dust gets into the motor).
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Use Frontline Plus (brand), not any over the counter or cheap stuff...especially hartz! Also you can use lavender to bathe your dog, it has natural flea repellant. If your dog is still itching after treating and bathing with the above products, he might have allergies, which is super common in dogs and this time of year.
    ****I work at a 24hr ER Vet clinic, any other questions please ask****
    scaruso08

Answer by scaruso08 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• avon has products that work ask a avon person
    Anonymous

• one time I didn't know the dog had fleas and tics because he was an outside dog on the ranch, but someone gave us some dog treats that had garlic as a main ingredient, and they literally fell off dead! i don't remember what they were called, but i think that the garlic would help, maybe some on his food? i don't know, i'm reaching here... =)
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 6:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008