I feel horrible :*(

My SO and I have had strep throat this week, then the kids got a stomach bug (and I think I got it too- literally 1/2 the school has it).

So tonight I just didn't have the energy to cook after having the kids home sick, and being on meds for the infection... ugh. I fed them PB&J for supper. I feel like the worlds worst mom!

I look forward to their happy little faces as they smell supper cooking, and anticipate a hot meal (such an ego boost to know they appreciate it!). I hate that I didn't give them a hot meal, but I still feel like I have hot lead in all of my joints :(

Someone tell me that they did the same so I'll feel better. Please?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 7:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh I can make you feel better on this one!!!

Once when Dh and I both had the flu (I was 8 months PG with number 2)we gave our 3 year old a box of captain crunch for dinner. Yep just the box didn't even put it in a bowl. He hate it sitting on the bed between us watching curious george!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• *ate it lol.
    But_Mommie

• I've done the same many times sweetie. The kids probably don't mind at all. They know you're sick.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When there are special circumstances in our family, we do something called "daddy cooks" which is when daddy gets Lucky China to bring us food.

commissioner Gordon didn't call batman every single day. And batman has robin to help him. But mom is in action every single day. If PB&J is the robin to your 24/7 batman, then so be it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Make a special meal when you feel better. Relax and know we all do the best we can.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We have all done that, you are most definetly not a bad mom. They know you have been (and still are) sick, and you will do better when you get well. Kids are so resilient, they won't even remember this. Take care of yourself, and I really hope you feel better soon!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well...if they end up in therapy one day, you'll know why.

J/k, lol. I think it's fine. One dinner of PB&J isn't going to hurt them or make them become malnourished, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Heck, I grew up on Ramen Noodles, PB&J, and Tuna. I'm 25, work a part time job, have very few health problems, and am raising one happy child, with another on the way. I think your LOs will survive a night of PB&J. And it's better than Ramen!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i bet they liked the pb&j for a change!

btw..i made beef stew, and my son will not eat it. he said, ''i only want to eat the crackers and the soup part.''..what can ya do?!?!
    if i were your neighbor, i'd bring some over!
    get well!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I've done the same thing many times before. And i have beaten myself up for thinking that i was a bad mom but it doesn't make you a bad mom. Your kids did eat something for dinner and i know a mom who when she is sick her kids are on their own for dinner.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010