Do you feed your animals people food?

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 7:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Yep! They get scraps of meat if we don't finish it and it's not enough to save, carrots all the time, peanut butter in their kongs, cheese very occasionally (I don't give up cheese easily! lol), toast/rolls if they fall on the floor or get burnt, and pretty much anything that falls on the floor (not onions or chocolate of course!) I don't see a point in wasting food.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• try not to. It's not good for their tummies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• if we have chicken or turkey for dinner, i might give them a lil bit of that...
    if i have cheese and crackers, i give them some cheese...i give them a lil peanut butter too..LOL
    and carrots...and rice....ohhhh and sometimes i cut up a leftover hotdog for them..i give them bananas..
    but i never give them bread, potatoes, and stuff like that...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Probably not as much as he would prefer.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• yes...I give my doggie ppl food, not often, but every now and then.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would, but she gets what I call swamp gas so bad it chases her out of the room. Rice and veggies are good for dogs, and raw egg makes their coats shiny.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No, if our Doberman ever gets a hold of people food he gets the poo squirts and we have to leave him outside all day because of it. We make sure he never has axcess to any kind of people food.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes. Just about every day, he usually gets our left overs mostly meats. I just can't imagine him eating the same ol dog food everyday He is sooo spoilt lol!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not usually, no. If I have a couple of pieces of meat left over, I'll give it to the dogs. And one of my cats has been known to steal any food left on the counter, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When we put our lab on a diet, we cut all people food out of both dogs' diets. That being said, they still get the occasional table scrap, if they're quick, if DD drops something on the floor when she's eating.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010