Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

do we get our weekend taken away?

My husband gets to see his son every 3rd weekend. his son lives in kentucky. He was awarded no holidays what so ever and his sons mom doesnt have a ehart to give him any. it just so happens that christmas this year falls on his weekend with his son. his ex is trying to tell him she has looked into it and that if a holiday falls on his weekend that it wipes his weekend away. i find it very unfair and not correct. He barely gets to see him as it is so why would he get his weekend taeken away?

Answer Question

Asked by jazzyann at 7:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It depends on how the court order is written. If it states that your DH gets his son every 3rd weekend, with no mention of holidays (for him or the mother), then your DH gets him. If something is written to the effect of "mother gets holidays," than your DH does lose his weekend.

    I'm sorry, I hope it was written in your favor.

    Answer by Scuba at 7:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • All it states is my husband get his son the 26th threw the 30th but it doesnt state anything about the mother getting the child

    Comment by jazzyann (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Then your DH can have him the 26th through the 30th! :) His "mother" doesn't get to make the rules, the court did. I hate women like that. Hugs to all of you.

    Answer by Scuba at 7:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Contact the court to clarify the situation. GL!

    Answer by BisketLiss at 7:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • I would def. contact an attorney because they can modify the order so that he does not go a full month without seeing his son regardless of holidays. The judge can also order the mother to give the son to his father that weekend or order a new time to make up that lost time. Hope that helps my stepdaughters biological mother is the same way

    Answer by NessGuinness at 8:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Get a copy of the custody document, and find a child custody attorney, and pay for an hour of his time. Ask him what the document states. If it ONLY says he gets him the 26-30, and doesn not mention "holidays with only mother" then, he gets him. If she doesnt want to comply, call the cops. Its a legal contect that she cant break because "she wants holidays with only her".
    Sorry you gotta go through this. Its HIS kid as much as he is hers.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.